Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend wants to buy a PWC mainly for speed and good jumps... i recommended the yamaha waveblaster. am i right in saying its a ski made for jumping? could you tell me the pros and cons of this watercraft? please respond as i need to inform my friend before he buys his jet!!

thanx!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got to ride a waveblaster for the first time this weekend.
Your buddy should definitely be happy with one of those.
They submarine well also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a waveblaster 2, really fun ski to ride and play hard with. It has really quick pick up but tops out at only around 50 mph though. You can definately make some sweet jumps with it!! Another plus is that you can turn on a dime going top speed too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wave Blaster Troubles

I just put $800 into my '95 Wave Blaster, took it out this weekend, it is was NOT FIXED! We thought it was a cracked waterbox, so we fiberglassed it, sealed all the crack. We also had the carb rebuilt, new spark plugs, battery, filters put in, but it is still having the trouble. It has aftermarket exhaust, and for some reason, the hull gets exhaust in it. When I open it right after running the ski, it has exhaust coming out...anyone else have this? It will run for the first 5 minutes on the water, but then it bogs down and will only go about 5 mph at full throttle.

Any ideas? We've messed with the carb ratios, gas is fine, spark is fine...I'm running out of ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
missericaob, my 95 is doing the exact same thing...cannot find the problem HELP!!! could you please let me know what you find out...thanks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually, I took it out this weekend...ran for about 30 minutes pretty clean and then it did the same thing...started to bog down and then we wouldn't get it to fire, so we towed it back to the launch ramp. I have had the CDI unit replace, the exhaust is all tightened up, no air leaks in the water box, new battery, spark plugs, all the generic stuff. Carb is rebuilt and tuned precisely...I am at a loss. I am almost sick of the money pit!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yamaha GP1300R

I would recommend a Yamaha GP1300R. They are very fast and handle well. The only thing I do not like about them is that they do not have a reverse. I have a 2003 model and have a lot of fun on it. The speed scares me a little.

The Kawasaki STX-12 (or 15) are also fast machines and very well handling. These are 4 cycle and not quite as fast as the 2 cycle 1300, but you will not find a PWC that is as stable in the water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts