Personal Water Craft Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nah. Believe it or not I got home on the weekend and immediately took the carb out. I rebuilt it again figuring it was something stupid like the needle not sitting right. I finished my rebuild and hooked it back up to the engine. Fired that puppy up and same thing. Being out of ideas I just un-hooked the throttle cable from the carb and presto she idled right. So the linkage got stuck on one of the lake runs. I went to my local autozone and found some decent linkage cable. Bought it and installed it. She's running perfect now. Thanks guys! You are great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
93 waverunner 3 not getting fuel

my 93 waverunner 3 would only run if you dribbled gas in the carb so I looked up the diagram for the mikuni MK-BN38/44 SPR carb found the location of the needle and seat under the round diaphragm assembly and was able to remove the carb without disconnecting the fuel lines so I could remove the 4 screws on the cover on the motor side of the carb exposing the needle valve I then gently pushed down on the lever that lifts the needle up to allow gas in and sure enough it was stuck a little and when it poped up fuel instantly began to flow out there by resolving the no fuel to carb problem and then reassembled every thing without having to replace a single part. just so everyone knows the reason I assume the needle got stuck is the waverunner 3 had not been ran in 9 years I hope this will help anyone else with this what seems to be common problem I am posting this because I noticed a lot of people with a similar problem and never realy seamed to get a solution posted. so good luck and be careful out there!

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
my 93 waverunner 3 would only run if you dribbled gas in the carb so I looked up the diagram for the mikuni MK-BN38/44 SPR carb found the location of the needle and seat under the round diaphragm assembly and was able to remove the carb without disconnecting the fuel lines so I could remove the 4 screws on the cover on the motor side of the carb exposing the needle valve I then gently pushed down on the lever that lifts the needle up to allow gas in and sure enough it was stuck a little and when it poped up fuel instantly began to flow out there by resolving the no fuel to carb problem and then reassembled every thing without having to replace a single part. just so everyone knows the reason I assume the needle got stuck is the waverunner 3 had not been ran in 9 years I hope this will help anyone else with this what seems to be common problem I am posting this because I noticed a lot of people with a similar problem and never realy seamed to get a solution posted. so good luck and be careful out there!
If a pwc has been sitting long enough that the needle and seat are gummed up enough to stick, the carb need to be rebuilt. Chances are that small orifices in the carb are also gummed up, and could very possibly create a lean condition.
Not only is just unsticking the needle a band aid, you are also creating a potential fuel leak by reusing a 9 year old piece of rubber and gasket. Once the rubber and gaskets are exposed to gas, they need to be kept wet every so often. Once the dry out for a extended period of time, they will have a tenancy to shrink.
Do yourself a favor and spend the 30.00 on a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Rodsatheart that is great advice will run some sea foam thru it first on the water hose then disassemble clean the carb and add the rebuild kit as it dose run but boggs at when throttling up so the lean condition definitely seams to be an issue thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just went through carb rebuild and then had no fuel pump function upon reassembly with all hoses correctly reattached and filter checking out. I ended up taking the check valve block and resurfacing both sides on a piece of plate glass and #800 grit paper. Put that back together and then you could see the fuel getting pulled through the filter when cranking and it started right up. The block surfaces may look clean but that little polishing was the cure for this one. Hope that may help someone.

94 700

21 - 26 of 26 Posts