Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've bought a XL700 and got some problems. The carburetors are refurbished last week and alot other parts are new.

Now to my problem, it starts fine and no problems at the lowend but when i open the throtles to the max it runs like crap and the topspeed is only 40mph. The sparkplugs looks fine (golden brown) and i've adjusted the highspeed nozzles with no success

Is there anyone that can help me out?

Sorry for bad english :rolleyes:

·
Registered
184 Posts
i think top speed on those is 44-46 maybe
is the golden brown spark plug after a plug chop? or is that how they look just when you pulled them out.
what are your low and high speed settings set at?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think top speed on those is 44-46 maybe
is the golden brown spark plug after a plug chop? or is that how they look just when you pulled them out.
what are your low and high speed settings set at?
They looked golden brown after 15mins of riding. They are set like the manual says and i've out of ideas..

·
Registered
184 Posts
this is one of those situation where it is going to be really hard to diagnose with out riding the ski myslef.
to me it sounds like you maybe running your ski a little lean. if i were you i would first try to richen up your high speed screws(turn them out) 1/2 to 1 turn. you wont hurt anything richening them up. if that doesnt work put them back to where they were.
to really get an idea of what is going on at full throttle you are going to need to do a plug chop. full speed for a few seconds and then kill the engine, without restarting or anything pull the plugs and take a look.
also, are you premixing? if so at what ratio?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I've bought a XL700 and got some problems. The carburetors are refurbished last week and alot other parts are new.

Now to my problem, it starts fine and no problems at the lowend but when i open the throtles to the max it runs like crap and the topspeed is only 40mph. The sparkplugs looks fine (golden brown) and i've adjusted the highspeed nozzles with no success

Is there anyone that can help me out?

Sorry for bad english :rolleyes:
Mine was the direct drive assembly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts