Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a 2001 xl800 bc it wasn't running, took it, replaced a busted piston, new plugs, fired up,

Installed new battery, no power. Battery good, checked connections

Nothing

No dash lights.

Replaced ignition coil, starter solenoid..

Nothing..

The one fuse on board is ok..

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I would check lanyard switch and make sure it contacts are clean and power is passing through it. Then check start switch for same issue. The contacts inside switch can get dirty and loose electrical pass through.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got a chance to pull the switch apart, was pretty dirty to my surprise, almost had a grease or something on it, but will put back together together tomorrow and post..

Ty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got a chance to pull the switch apart, was pretty dirty to my surprise, almost had a grease or something on it, but will put back together together tomorrow and post..

Ty
I would check lanyard switch and make sure it contacts are clean and power is passing through it. Then check start switch for same issue. The contacts inside switch can get dirty and loose electrical pass through.
How do I check for power without putting it back together??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Getting power to the right side of the starter solenoid, but nothing out. ... nothing to the kill switch

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Let's back up. First make sure battery cables are tight and have good connection. Loosen and retighten them. Then check again. You can unplug the kill switch and disable it. This will take it out of the equation. If it starts you'll have to plug back in to kill motor.

If don't have one, get a manual. Look in the "general discussion tab" above. Second tab "manuals". Look up your model. Free downloadable. Use the electrical diagram the follow circuit checking connections for power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts