Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking to buy a nice used ski been looking at newer XPs and the GP1200R looking for performance and reliability any suggestions. m not a total newb i have a great condition 1994 Yamaha VXR Pro but I am new to the forum so hello everyone

·
Registered
811 Posts
Im looking to buy a nice used ski been looking at newer XPs and the GP1200R looking for performance and reliability any suggestions. m not a total newb i have a great condition 1994 Yamaha VXR Pro but I am new to the forum so hello everyone
:welcome: Hey welcome to the forum. I don't know how much you like two strokes because four strokes are the way to go IMO. Less problems starting and fouling plugs. But whatever you decide good luck.

See Ya, Bob :jester::jester::jester:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the warm welcome.I agree with the four stroke but im having trouble finding a good performance four stroke in my price range which is about 4000

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome.I agree with the four stroke but im having trouble finding a good performance four stroke in my price range which is about 4000
I have seen 2005 2006 RXT'S for around that price.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did find a 2006 RXP with 55 hours on it he is asking 6000 for it i have only seen pictures but it looks real sharp do you know much about the RXPs

·
Registered
811 Posts
I did find a 2006 RXP with 55 hours on it he is asking 6000 for it i have only seen pictures but it looks real sharp do you know much about the RXPs
Yes I have a 2006 RXT. The RXP is very similar same engine 215 HP will do about 67- 69 MPH. Rxp is a two seater and the RXT is a three seater. The hours are low the price may be a little high but not much. You also should look at the GTX. I own a 2008 GTX 215 it is the same ski as my 2006 RXT. Maybe you can find one of those. I know what to look for should you want to know more.

See Ya:00000048:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found a 2005 honda r12x turbo with 40 hours on in almost new condition for 4000 what do you think the hondas pretty good skis

·
Registered
811 Posts
Waste Gate problems on the Honda Turbo

found a 2005 honda r12x turbo with 40 hours on in almost new condition for 4000 what do you think the hondas pretty good skis
I think if it was used in saltwater forget about it. There is a post under the Honda forum stating what a problem from salt water usage the waste gate on the turbos is having. Basically they stick open or shut. Honda is offerring the middle finger warranty and not covering any repairs saying that it wasn't maintained properly. The dealer states it would still stick no matter how you took care of it. To add insult to injury Honda says they won't replace the waste gate at all because it is part of the exhaust system, but they will replace the whole turbo assembly for $5,000 :175::1zhelp: :angry-smiley-014::smilie_schreck::ShowLetter18:

See Ya:reiter:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Start new thread?

First, how do I start a new thread?

I hope someone can help me. I am a novice at this but have just bought a 96 Kawa ss750 to just putter around in the bay. All seems to work fine but when flushing the cooling system today, noticed that there are some small leaks of water coming out from under the hull. I imagine I can patch these easily enough but what is leaking inside that could be allowing water to escape at all?
Would it be ok to drive it anyway?
I drove it in the water before purchasing but didn't see it run on the trailer and so I didn't see this before purchasing.

Please help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they told me freshwater only i live in the midwest so its a pretty good bet they are being straight with me also has a super clean trailer and nice honda cover

·
Registered
811 Posts
Well that increases the chances of a good deal. I would say the price is right. But do a thorough check especially the turbo, a sea trial is also a must so that you can see how the ski performs with a load on it.

Good Luck,:)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey salty girl

You start a thread by going to the forum your situation applies to and click on new thread. In your case it would be the Kawasaki forum.:1zhelp: I would look at the pump housing and possibly exhaust for water leaks. :dunno:

See Ya :062:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay i have choice a 2005 honda turbo 66 hours 2005 rxp 100 hours new supercharger metal rings both are between 4 and 5 thousand with trailers both have good comp and are in great shape

·
Registered
811 Posts
okay i have choice a 2005 honda turbo 66 hours 2005 rxp 100 hours new supercharger metal rings both are between 4 and 5 thousand with trailers both have good comp and are in great shape
Ok, this is a no brainer.:costumed-smiley-019 Choose the Seadoo RXP. It has the updated supercharger, it is faster, more reliable, better dealer service , parts availability. The closed loop cooling is better, no turbo problems and service to worry about. :smashfreakB:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well i picked up my RXP and man im glad:D i made that choice,its a awsome machine way better than the honda i thought about thanks for the help i guess it was a no brainer :laugh:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Well i picked up my RXP and man im glad:D i made that choice,its a awsome machine way better than the honda i thought about thanks for the help i guess it was a no brainer :laugh:
Cool Beans Love those Seadoos:appl:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts