Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a never titled, no gas ever in it 2003 FX140. Since not being titled, it will come with yamaha's 1 year warranty. Now, this begs the question.... Could I run into problems early or later on because it has sat for 8 years untouched and unused? It's from a dealer so it was always stored inside.

ANY insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a chance to buy a never titled, no gas ever in it 2003 FX140. Since not being titled, it will come with yamaha's 1 year warranty. Now, this begs the question.... Could I run into problems early or later on because it has sat for 8 years untouched and unused? It's from a dealer so it was always stored inside.

Great find, since the ski was never started and stored indoors you should be fine, the plastics would be the only thing I would check to make sure they haven't turned brittle. With a new warranty backed by a quality company you should not have any troubles.

Is it still in the crate or assembled?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

Is this the one that's on Ebay now? I think it said it was an 04 though. I would have no hesitation in getting it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great find, since the ski was never started and stored indoors you should be fine, the plastics would be the only thing I would check to make sure they haven't turned brittle. With a new warranty backed by a quality company you should not have any troubles.

Is it still in the crate or assembled?
Its assembled, but i smelled the gas tank, sure enough never even broken in. What should i. What should i ask to get it for? Its sort of like brand new, but immediately after titling it becomes a used 2003, you know?

Is this the one that's on Ebay now? I think it said it was an 04 though. I would have no hesitation in getting it.
No it isn't. Im going to use that as a price point though.... NICE FIND THANKS!!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts