Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 zxi 1100 that i just bought. It seems to be in very very nice condition. I have rode it about 4 times now and the one thing i did notice is that it takes off REalllly slowww. Like when i give it the gas it gets really loud and takes a whileee to start going. once i get up to about 10 or 15 it will take off. But off the line it does not. Anyone know the problem??? Im pretty sure my brothers 88 waverunner 500cc is not supposed to beat me off the line haha. someone help pleaseee

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had the same problem with my 2000 zxi although i just needed to get it off idle then i could hammer the throttle, but you need to clean the carbs. and let me tell you it sucks trying to get those things out and back in. but what you can do is what i did at first was buy a product called "quickclean"...its a quicksilver brand (mercury). but take your fuel filter off empty the gas and fill it with the quickclean...(warm your engine up first so it will start right up) and once the engine is running hammer the throttle so that quickclean will go through. (dont worry it won't hurt the engine). but see if that helps, it should.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts