Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son flooded my 96 900 yesterday, now it wont turn over only clicks, im hoping he did not seize it, im ready to take the cylinder head off to check the pistons, but thought i mght get the answer here. thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was floodedw/ water, half the hull, i pulled the cylinder head off , cylinders walls seem fine , when i try to turn it over pistons move slightly, but it only clicks, i tryed charging battery, indicator on charger says never fully charged, tried jumping w/ car no luck. could it be battery? starter relay or the crank . Im stumped.thanks for your help>

·
Registered
3 Posts
that happened to me, i had to get a new battery, and once i put that in i just took the spark plugs out and tried to turn it over to get the water out, after all the water was out all that i needed new spark plugs and she worked fine!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks

i appreciate your guidance - i put a new battery in - no luck still just a click,tryed to turn motor over by putting screw driver in shaft and turning -no luck crank had to be locked i thought., looked in the rear and noticed a big rock jammed inbetween impellar and exit -impellar would not budge -chissled rock out -runs great,on my way to the lake:)

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
i appreciate your guidance - i put a new battery in - no luck still just a click,tryed to turn motor over by putting screw driver in shaft and turning -no luck crank had to be locked i thought., looked in the rear and noticed a big rock jammed inbetween impellar and exit -impellar would not budge -chissled rock out -runs great,on my way to the lake:)

good deal, better than a locked motor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts