Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 750 ZXI and one of my foot pads fell off. I have the pad but I need help on what type of glue is going to hold this on for good. I only want to do this once. Also what kind of prep do I need to do. Lastly, what can I use to clean the old glue off? Please help. Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem and lost my pads, they cost a mint to replace so it's good that you saved yours. I replaced my mats with a aftermarket mat and it used contact cement to apply them, I ended up replacing the ones on my Kawasaki with a workout mat from Wal-Mart that I cut up. I used clear adhesive silicon and it seems to be holding well. Make sure whatever you use will hold up under water when cured of course. The original mats are thick rubber so I would think the silicon would work better, but I am not sure. I wish I could be more help. Good luck and let us know what you end up using and how well it works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bringing back an old post:

I have an 03 ZXI 1100 and about 6 inches of the foot pad is coming up. Has anyone found out what is a good adhesive for this application?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 98 ZXI that 2 of the pads were coming off. I used this contact cement and I have had no problems as of yet. I cleaned the ski where the turf was going to stick I put some of the cement on the part that was lifting a stuck it back down. it is weldwood contact cement. link below you can purchase at most home improvement places like lowes and home depot. Hope that helps.

DAP Products - Construction Adhesives - DAP® Weldwood® Original Contact Cement

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 98 ZXI that 2 of the pads were coming off. I used this contact cement and I have had no problems as of yet. I cleaned the ski where the turf was going to stick I put some of the cement on the part that was lifting a stuck it back down. it is weldwood contact cement. link below you can purchase at most home improvement places like lowes and home depot. Hope that helps.

DAP Products - Construction Adhesives - DAP® Weldwood® Original Contact Cement
That worked great. that stuff wont even wash off of your hands.... next time I will wear gloves. I found the DAP Weldwood of all places, at Walmart for $6 a quart along with a nice docking rope a bright orange whistle and the licensing decals. I know... Some people think it is not cool to shop at Walmart. I am a cheap b~tard and all the boating stores around me have closed down.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts