2005 GPR 1300 Taking on too much water - passenger area:
Hi folks. Im grateful this site is here and I have been battling this issue the whole summer, and I am at my wits end. This is not and engine room flooding issue that i can see?
Steps so far:
1. Drain plugs have been removed, nothing comes out.
2. I look in the engine room and see trace amounts of water. The dealer confirms this is normal. Very little, maybe could be cleaned up with a rag or small water vac.
3. When 1 person gets on the ski, the back end sinks lower than it should and can even start to take on water from the back. The ski in general seems to sit way too low in the water.
4. If I try 2 people - this in spec/theory, is a 2 seater as per Yamaha, so much water comes in from the back that it starts to sway and we have even fallen off. I recently learned there is a 350lb weight limit. Even if under that, the back is dipping way to much in the water.
5. When coming in off of a run or slowing down, the front dips down so much that large amounts of water come in from the front and then the back, filling up the side gutters way too much (not sure proper name for those?) because it is getting weighed down, and even in this scenario I have almost tipped. It is annoying with 1 person, but makes 2 people riding, even if under the weight limit, pretty much impossible.
6. I climbed underneath to look for any major cracks or holes to the hull and could not see anything significant.
7. I have researched this topic like crazy, and most related seem to be about engine rooms flooding. Again, I see no evidence of that.
8. Somebody help save the rest of my summer ) : I fear 1 person riding might even be out before long. If you want pics or videos posted, let me know.
Thx so much,