Personal Water Craft Forum banner

Newbie W/ Question About New 2004 R-12x

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Fastnine 
#1 ·
First, I would like to thank everyone on all of the great information that is provided on this site. I have never owned a PWC, but I was out on a house boat about 2 months ago and just loved watching people of their PWCs. Then, I recently accepted a new job which has my office looking out over the river. So, I get to watch PWCs go up and down the river all day.

I live in West Virginia (hold the WV jokes) and there does not seem to be a lot of PWC dealers in the southern part of WV. However, there is a Honda dealer about 40 miles for my home. So, I called today to see when they would be receiving the '07 models. The owner was not there and the individual on the phone was uncertain of their expected arrival time. Then, the guy told me that they were getting about 10-12 2004 R-12Xs from the factory that were left over. He said they got a good deal from the factory and that they are going to sell them for $7000.

If I would ultimately be interested in purchasing this PWC after seeing it in person, what would be a good purchase price? I would obviously like a trailer, cover and at least one PFD.

I would mainly be using this PWC for myself and occassionally taking the significant other along with posssibly pulling some kids around on tubes. From what I have read, I think this would be a great ski for my needs. I am not too concerned about going much faster than 50 mph or so.

Finally, are there any maintenence issues I should be concerned about since this is a new 2004 model? Like the battery? I assume it has been stored inside, but I will definitely ask to be certain. I want to make sure I am getting a good price if for the model year. He did state that it still comes with the standard 1 year warranty. Also, would it need winterized or just stored, since riding weather is probably going to be about over before I would get a chance to ride it? Do you think I could get the ski, trailer, cover and a PFD for $6,500?

I appreciate any insight you provide!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.